Know, Accept and BE Yourself
An exclusive membership community
What is the Cost of Not Being Who You REALLY Are?
are not one person but three — the one you think you are, the one other
people think you are and the person you really are.” — from the
Writer’s Digest Guide to Successful Living, 1957
A Message for Women Who:
- Want to live up to their full potential but struggle to do so (or don't know what that is)
- Suffer from imposter syndrome
- Frequently feel anxious and overwhelmed with life
- Feel unappreciated, undervalued and/or unfulfilled
- Ever feel you are not enough
- Have been told you're "too sensitive"
- Feel you've lost your energy and vibrancy
If any of these statements apply to you, then you do not fully know and accept yourself, so you cannot fully BE yourself.
Can You relate?
Do you envy those people who, it seems, have always had a strong sense of their personality, gifts and abilities and what's most important to them. Those who knew who they were and what they wanted to accomplish from a young age.
We hear about them all the time - the comedian who knew he was born to make people laugh, or the person who loves to act or sing and always knew that's what they wanted to do. I just finished reading the book More Myself, by Alicia Keys, and she describes very well how she knew from a young age that music was the most important thing to her.
Did you know how to answer the question "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I
had no idea what I wanted to be or what was possible.
So often the person you think you are, is based on the messages you received growing up, and those messages are often based on other people's expectations of you, which reflect their beliefs, conditioning and opinions.
That was certainly true for me. I thought it wasn't okay to want anything for myself. I had to focus on others all the time and take care of them.
I thought I was the only one who felt like this, but I have since discovered that there are many of us.
The Problem with Not Knowing Who You REALLY Are
When you don't know who you really are, you have a tendency to:
- take things personally
- have trouble setting boundaries and telling others “no”
- feel guilty if you do something good for yourself
- feel insecure, don’t think you’re very good at anything and won’t amount to anything.
This also leads you to have no idea what it is that you really want, so you find yourself in jobs that are unfulfilling, or working so hard that you become exhausted and overwhelmed. You have no passion for what you do so you feel under-valued and unfulfilled.
You have no sense of
why you’re here and what your true gifts and passions are, often you
even wonder if you have any, or if you just got the short end of the
stick. So you feel lost and drift from one thing to another without any
sense of where you’re going or why. You wake up one day wondering how
you arrived here and may even feel there’s no hope.
You find yourself
fitting into other people’s agendas, so you’re always last on the list.
Other people’s needs come before your own. You somehow feel responsible
for others’ pain and insecurities. So you end up doing things that feel
meaningless and unfulfilling to you, yet you don’t know how to stop the
Are you like me
in my 20’s (on the left)? I was so insecure that I never felt anything I
did was good enough. Even though my bosses praised my work, I was
scared that at any moment they would find out that I really wasn't good
enough - because that's how I felt.
You want to be happy, and you may have many things to be grateful for (a
good job, a nice home, a family) but instead what you feel is
exhausted,, undervalued and unfulfilled.
What WON'T Help You "Fix"... You
When you feel that you're different from everyone else, and you've been criticized for those differences, you have a tendency to look for someone to provide you with the answers. You look for whatever it is you're missing that will 'fix' you, so you'll fit in and be accepted.
That's exactly what I did. I took courses, I worked with coaches, and energy healers. I enrolled in programs to help me figure out what was wrong with me and fix it so that I could finally feel happy, successful and fulfilled.
I did a presentation recently where I listed many of the self-improvement things I had done and it shocked even me.
Just to give you an idea, I have studied and taken over 30+ courses on topics like:
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- The Enneagram
- The Human Design System
- Success principles
- Law of attraction
I have studied with
and worked directly with over 20 great coaches; I essentially became a
master of personal growth and self-help study.
I have also worked with several health and energy practitioners to help make me ‘better.’
As you can see, I’ve invested a tremendous amount of time, energy and money over the years trying to fix that which I thought was clearly "broken".
When I put this list together and showed it during my presentation, I was actually embarrassed at how much I had done in an attempt to "fix" myself.
But an interesting thing happened. When the presentation was over, several people came up to me and said they completely identified with me and had a similar experience.They said things like:
- “It’s like you were sharing my story…”
- “Everything you said resonated so strongly with me…”
- “You made me realize that what I’ve been doing all these years is trying to fix myself…”
When you grow up believing you are who others think you are, you feel lost, and spend your time searching for the one person, or the one thing that can help you, whether that’s becoming a self-help junkie (like me),or looking for the healer, health practitioner, coach or treatment that has the answers. Or perhaps you turn to something to take the pain away, like medication, alcohol, food or some other addiction.
You search for that elusive missing piece. You think if you just had that you would feel better. Yet you never seem to find it.
What happens when you don't know who you (really) are? Here are some examples - you may be familiar with some of them.
- You feel like you never fit in - at work or at home
- You sometimes feel you're not good enough
- Your perfectionist tendencies often get in the way
- You work really hard yet never seem to find the success and fulfillment you're looking for
- You tend to become anxious and get hurt really easily, which makes it difficult to develop meaningful relationships
- You have issues balancing engagement with others and solitude for re-charging
- You tend to absorb negativity and/or other people's drama
- You find that pressure builds up until you feel completely overwhelmed, then feel embarrassed to share that with others
- You often attract needy, co-dependent people
- You have a difficult time with feeling over-stimulated at work
- You want to find a job that you love and gives you purpose, but it seems difficult.
I could go on.You may be wondering what these things have to do with knowing, and being who you are. They may seem like random, external things to you, but they are not.
Knowing and connecting with who you really are is liberating. Being able to accept that you're not like everyone else and, not only is that okay, it's more than okay. It's how it's supposed to be.
When you know and accept who you are you can own your uniqueness which leads to confidence, peace and meaningful success.
- You become bigger than your fears, so that when fear arises, you are able to face it and learn from it, rather than letting it control you. When you are willing to learn what your fear is telling you, then you move through it to the breakthrough(s) that’s on the other side.
- You are able to set boundaries and stop allowing people to manipulate or mistreat you in any way. You learn how to say ‘no’ from a place of strength, and feel good about it. You no longer tolerate rude or disrespectful behavior from others.
- You become clear about what it is that you (really) want and how to achieve it.
- You attract supportive and positive people in all areas. The toxic and negative people (such as co-workers or personal relationships) you may have attracted in the past will no longer see you as a target. Once you learn how to interact with them, they won’t be able to affect you any more and they’ll be replaced by people who are healthier, more conscious and positive.
- Amazing opportunities open up for you that you never thought possible.
- You accomplish far more than you ever thought you could - a
satisfying and fulfilling career, positive and meaningful relationships,
and greater vibrancy and well-being, for example.
- You improve all your relationships - even the most challenging ones.
The only way to accomplish this is to go within. To access what’s been there all along. For a long time I knew this, but I didn’t know how to access those answers. I spent years figuring that out.
Finally, little by little I discovered what worked. I discovered steps to easily and consistently find the answers I needed.
As I discovered these steps and techniques, I began to share them with my clients, because I wanted to show that this works for anyone, not just me. And the results have been amazing:
“When I look back on the past 5 weeks I can’t believe how much I
have changed. I feel like I have more control, more peace in my life.
I’m more accepting of others, I have a better relationship with my
brother, not so jealous, more loving relationship. Same with my mom. I
feel like I’m releasing a lot of things that I have had inside for a
"I had a wonderful moment of clarity about fear. I have allowed
fear way too much power over me in my life. It doesn't have to be that
way. It's so obvious all of a sudden. In trying to sort it out, I
realized that there were 5 different things contributing to the fear of
Now that I'm more connected with who I really am, I've gone from being
terrified of speaking up in front of any kind of group, to confidently,
and enjoyably presenting and speaking in front of all kinds of
I've gone from hiding behind the scenes, to being front and center - even a regular guest on a local TV news show! When you know who you REALLY are, you can accomplish anything - even things that would have terrified you before!
I know first-hand how things improve and how much happier you will be when you are able to fully know, accept and then BE who you REALLY are, and that's what I want for you.
The world needs YOU - the real you.
It's time to strip away all the layers of who you are not, and who you thought you were, and let yourself be fully, completely and wonderfully YOU.
That's why I created this membership program, so we could come together and support each other on this journey.
Here's what's included:
- Online courses and lessons with strategies to help you know, accept and BE who you really are and release whatever might hold you back
- Links to resources and other helpful information
- Book club - where you can learn about and share details of the most helpful books
- Monthly live Q&A sessions
- Community discussions and Q&A within the site - where you can share progress, ask questions, and receive feedback from other members
- Interviews with experts and healers on modalities that you'll find helpful
New materials will be added each week and you'll have ongoing access as long as you're a member. So you can review content in your own time and as often as you like.
“When I first came to Linda I was in a state of chaos. Everything seemed like it was in turmoil to different degrees, my house, my marriage, my business. After coaching from Linda, things began to change in small ways. My life wasn’t so chaotic. I became clearer on what I needed to do and who I needed to be to make things change and that I was fully capable of making those changes in my life if I set my mind to it. I had a new way of looking at my life and really started to see progress. My relationship with my husband is much healthier now as I was ready to throw in the towel...I was so angry. My business had it’s biggest quarter ever and continues to thrive in a not so great economy and my house is a much more enjoyable place to be. I can’t say enough about Linda’s coaching. She is phenomenal and won’t allow you to “stay small” for long!”
“I love Linda’s practical and straight-forward approach. She manages to avoid all the fluff and hype and shares information that is easy to understand and apply. Linda is both knowledgeable and intuitive. She has a wonderful ability to identify what’s important and to identify the most effective strategy for the situation. Linda helps you achieve optimum results quickly and easily.”
Frequently Asked Questions
As an introverted, intuitive, empathic and highly sensitive person, Linda knows what it's like to feel different, to not fit in, and to work hard yet experience struggle. Once divorced, homeless, in-debt, and with nobody she could turn to for support, Linda Binns is now a successful business owner, accomplished energy coach and author of multiple books.
Linda works with people who are experiencing change and transition, are frustrated with where they are "at," or are searching for those essential techniques for freeing their energy, clarifying focus, and incorporating inner awareness, acceptance, and peace. Step into your greatness - Linda teaches the skills to step through every challenge with ease resulting in opportunities opening in every direction.
Linda has trained and worked as a Master Feng Shui Practitioner, has a B.Sc.in Nutritional Medicine, and is a Reiki Master.
"As a strong empath, I find it easy to put others ahead of myself and take on their energy-this situation certainly has caused me some emotional challenges over time! My work with Linda has provided me with tools and strategies that have made such a difference in my life! Yes, I AM a work in progress….that said, regularly practicing what I have learned from Linda really helps me keep my balance in this frantic/crazy world!"
StartStuck to Unstoppable Manifesto
StartLesson 1 Know Your Why (5:21)
StartLesson 2 - Make a Commitment (5:45)
StartLesson 3 - Make Time (5:55)
StartLesson 4 - Allow Your Home to Support You (12:07)
StartLesson 5 - Set Yourself Up For Success (5:26)
StartA Dose of Inspiration - Interview with Joni